Thursday, April 24, 2008

So I was tagged awhile ago...

Here are my 10 things. I would like to say that for anyone reading this and not yet tagged, do this one even if you don't post it. It was a great self esteem builder for me, it made my day/week better.
10 Things I Like About Myself

1. I love that I am smart. I feel like I am bragging or something, but that’s something I really do like about myself. I really enjoy learning and was jealous when my mom went back to school. I miss the research and the papers. I am a nerd and proud of it! Whenever there is a new event in our family (illness, buying a house, getting a new carseat, replacing a heat pump, etc.), I research all I can about it. I have a desire for knowledge.


2. I love that I like to move. In my family we always say that there are nomads and farmers when it comes to liking moving. Farmers stay in one place; they plant roots. Nomads roam. I am a nomad. I have lived in six states and one foreign country in my 25 short years of life. I have converted my husband to nomadism (a new word I know). We have lived in 4 places in our 5 years of marriage. I would like to say that maybe I am converting to the farmer lifestyle, because I love where we live and don’t want to move. But we have been here for less than a year, and Brett keeps reminding me that I always get antsy and he doesn’t believe that I will ever be content staying in one place.


3. I love that I am confident in my parenting. I may not always do things the way I think I should (or the way others think I should), but I am confident that I am doing the best job that I can. I love that I rarely yell at my boys. This may change as they get older, but I am able to keep calm and rational during meltdowns, for the most part. This is more than I can say about myself in other areas, like dealing with obnoxious customer service phone people.


4. I love that I can crotchet beautiful blankets. It might take me awhile to actually get them done in some cases (sorry Marian), but they are dang good, in my opinion, when they do get finished. Here are some of them; I always take pictures since I give them away.




5. I love that I am close to my family. I talk to my sister April and my mom at least once a day. April and I talk probably close to 5 times a day on average. Even though I don’t live anywhere near them, I feel close to them and a part of their daily lives. I guess that’s probably why I don’t feel like I have to live close to family. Here is the most recent picture I have of April and I together…

6. I love that I am a mom. I guess this is really related to #3, but it deserves its own blurb. I love being the center of my boys’ worlds while I can be. I love fixing owies, making monsters disappear, and teaching my little men about sacrament and Captain Moroni. I love to hear I try out his new vocabulary (“Where grandma be?” and “I does” are some of my favorites) or watch C discover hide-n-seek. It makes me happy.


7. I love that I made the decision to marry B. That may sound kind of strange, but I had always planned on serving a mission for our church after finishing college (I finished at 21). I met B the summer before my junior year of college and had a hard time deciding to give up my plan to go on a mission. It was something I had always wanted to do. I don’t regret the decision I made at all. I love my husband and love being married. I am sad I do not have the experience of being a sister missionary, but when I look at the relationship I have with B, no experience on a mission could be as good. He is just who I needed and my Heavenly Father knew that and thankfully helped me to know that.


8. I love that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love that I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and a strong testimony of prayer. I love that I know that I am a child of God. I love that I am responsible for building my relationship with my Heavenly Father and I love that I have the faith necessary to do so.


9. I love that I am a homeowner. We have wanted to buy a house for awhile and we just lived someplace way too expensive to do that. But now, we are the proud owners of what I call the Massive White Beast. It’s really not all that massive; it is just very flat and white from the front, but it’s ours (or really the bank’s, but we’re working on that part).


10. I love that I can sing. This one is simple. I love to sing and always have. My parents have way too many home videos of me dancing and singing in front of the camera. I am grateful that I don’t sound too bad. I am not your next American Idol, but I can hold my own in any choir and an occasional special musical number at church. So next ward talent show, sign me up!
I tag April, Cheata, Emily, and whoever else should be tagged.

1 comment:

sochie said...

I love all the things you love about yourself! i'm not sure if i can complete this challenge though. we'll see.