In that lengthy update, I forgot to mention an important change happening. Target Man is changing jobs. No he is not leaving Target or anything like that (I mean what would happen to my blog title?), but he is switching positions. As of Monday, February 2, he will no longer be the HR manager for the store, instead he will be over the sales floor. After much thought and prayer, we have decided that this is the right move for him.
I'm a bit wary of him leaving HR, cause I know how to look for non retail HR jobs, but he really thinks that he will like the operations side of Target. My other fear is an increase in hours, but that is most likely PTSD left over from his first year at Target! He was on the sales floor his first year, and remembers very little of his life from that year. He had no set schedule, when he closed, at least two, usually three times a week, he was never home before 1 am, and he could never actually use his vacation. Yes he had all this time to take, but there was always something major going on, making it really inconvenient. If they were done setting Christmas, then Valentines was on its way. In the middle of the summer the "back to school" set made it impossible to leave. Anyway, these things that make me wary, but this store is different, so hopefully things will be different.
Target Man is excited about the change. He really doesn't enjoy paperwork, and this will be less, and he is ready for something different. We have moved and changed positions with Target, every 18 months or so, and this is right on schedule for him. Every time we have a baby, we change something with his job, so far this is normal. At least this time we aren't moving within 2 months of having a baby!
The other thing is, in all this talk about his career and where he wants to go, I think I have finally convinced him that now is as good as time as any to start working towards his MBA. Getting him to actually take the GMAT will be another story.
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment