So apparently, Brett thought that since I was feeling better and about to actually start doing dishes and laundry again, that I needed a big project to do...
Tuesday night, we were going to try cooking something new, Jagerschnitzel, a german dish that is to die for. Anyway, Brett will tell you its my fault that this happened, cause I "made" him mad and he was distracted, but that's really not the case. We actually don't really know why this time the oil in the pan burst into flames, but it did. It happened so fast and I was thankful we were in the kitchen at the time and saw it happen, cause if we were in the living room like we normally are, we wouldn't have a kitchen. Also, if we hadn't happened to buy a fire extinguisher on clearance at walmart, we wouldn't have most of a house.
It went from, "umm brett, its on fire" to Ian screaming and running into the other room and the house billowing with 4 feet of smoke with the smoke alarms blaring in less than a minute. Luckily, Brett actually knew how to use the fire extinguisher, cause I was squeezing the wrong lever and was a bit ditracted making sure Ian and Corban weren't freaking out (really more like, I was freaked out and would have been the idiot running to hide in the closet in the darkest hallway in the house, rather than out the door in to the party in all those third rate horror films). So while Brett, was our own personal firefighter, the boys and I huddled outside on the back porch.
After all the excitement was over, we waited for the smoke to clear a bit, opened all the widows and then packed our smoke smelling family into the car at 8:00pm and headed to our favorite little mexican restaurant in Draft and finally fed our children dinner.
Yesterday, I spent all day cleaning counters, walls, and doing 6 loads of dishes. Everything inside the cabinets has a film of smoke and fire extinguisher crud on them. So every cabinet is being emptied and scrubbed down. Cause, really I needed to do this level of spring cleaning when I have 5 loads of laundry waiting or me upstairs and dirty kleenexes strewn across the living room. But such is life. Hopefully, today, everything will be done, except the repainting and I can go back to normal cleaning. Also, we have to go to Target and get a new fire extinguisher, so that I can see if my stove works. I'm not turining it on until I have a way to put out another fire! So, Happy Recovery to Me!


3 comments:
Oh, you know you stay-at-home moms have plenty of time to do all that cleaning. What else would you do all day?
(kidding)
yeah; its not like you should be packing for a trip or anything--I think I'll buy a fire extinguisher, when I start cooking again, but that won't be for atleast another 2 mths.
I've wanted to that on PURPOSE to my kitchen sometimes.
Post a Comment