Monday, October 6, 2008

Healthcare Customer Service

I just had the most incredible customer service phone experience in my lifetime. And get this, it was with a health insurance company! Target Man destroyed his ankle in July and we had to take him to the ER. Well, in the past months I have been getting denied claim statements, due to the insurance company not having the medical records to show it was an emergency. I have been putting off calling for awhile, but decided today, mostly cause I actually got a bill yesterday, that I would devote all of naptime tracking down what I needed and resubmitting the claims.
My first call was to United Healthcare's Optimum Choice costumer service line. In under 15 minutes everything was completed. That included hold time. They took my info, resubmitted all claims, have already paid the hospital, and called the two offices that have sent me bills. I am completely impressed and ready to tell everyone that if you have this insurance as a choice, go for it! We owe what we should for the ER visit, $150 as a copay! I think I may actually write the company and tell them they did an awesome job, that's how impressive it was.

Now, I have the rest of naptime to do whatever I want (or at least get the floor mopped!)

No comments: