Saturday, September 22, 2007

My New Free Piano

Okay so everyone always teases me about being addicted to craigslist. I do admit I check our two cities daily (usually more than once), and then cause I've done that I check out April's, and Wilmington's, and even occasionally Gainesville's. But my addiction has paid off! I was the first to call about a free piano listed in harrisonburg. It is a Brewster upright grand piano built in 1910. I went to see it expecting it to be really beat up and maybe not playable, but its beautiful and has now been in my living room for 4 hours. Ian thinks it is a cool new toy, and I wish he wasn't sleeping so I could play with it more. I do admit it is huge and takes up a lot of space, but it was free. All it took was $6 for piano dollies, a tank of gas, and a wonderful friend with a truck, a trailer, and some muscles to help my wonderfully buff husband get it here! We are so excited to have it. Now I need to get motivated to practice and be a better piano player so I can play songs for my kiddos!

1 comment:

Super Sister said...

it is beautiful I luv it!!