Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Basketball

So, (wait a minute, just wanted to comment that apparently I use the word "so" a lot. Every time I go to post something I start to write "so" and then I change it. but not anymore). So....the women at church have started getting together to play basketball and for the last 4 weeks they have played on Tuesday nights instead of Wednesdays, so I've been able to go while Brett watches the kids. Well last night, Brett decided he really wanted to see me play so he packed up the kids and went with me. I had a lot of fun, felt less like having a heart attack (each week gets progressively better), and actually scored some points (who knows how many, but I think I'm getting better, those who have played with me feel free to contradict that statement). Well, when it was all over and we were in the car on the way home, Brett told me that if I ever wanted to hear it, he had a few pointers. He said it very nice and was really supportive, and I think a little afraid that I might get mad at him. I told him I would get back to him.

Later I did ask for suggestions, but reserved the right to get all defensive and mad. He agreed and everything he said was pretty nice and helpful. But really, I think he was just trying to be good and encourage me to keep playing so maybe, just maybe I might gain some sports skills and be an asset to our sons' future sports abilities/knowledge. I'm not sure it will help though, I come from a long line of zero coordination. For example, as a child my mother was so uncoordinated she crashed her tricycle through her school window and broke her arm. The last time I played catch I missed the ball and it whacked me in the shin. But I guess practice can only help.

1 comment:

Mother 25 - 8 said...

OK, I'll be the first to comment. YOU HAVE GOTTEN TONS BETTER! You're scoring lots and getting much more aggressive!! LOVED IT!