Thursday, October 16, 2008

Think Pink




We had our ultrasound today, and... can you guess? We are having a little girl! There has only been one girl born in Target Man's family since his grandmother's generation. Yep, she had boys, who had boys, who had boys... but now in February a little pink will be added.
We are excited and I really want to go buy something cute and girly, like shoes! It means we might actually have to buy some things for this baby, if we don't want her confused for a boy. When Target Baby was born, I didn't even get anything out until the day after I was supposed to be induced (busy hospital, nasty ICP, long story). Anyway, I might need to be a little more on top of things this time.
In other even more important news, the baby looks healthy. Heart, facial structure, etc. look great. Currently, this baby is right on track and weighs in at 15 oz. She was being very modest for the entire ultrasound and had her legs pressed together and feet crossed at the ankles. She kept that position the entire time, even though she was tumbling and doing cartwheels. She was even holding the umbilical cord in her hand right at her legs. The wonderful tech had me stand up, roll over, all that kind of stuff with no luck. Finally, she sent us over to my Dr and told us to come back after and we'd try again. Thankfully, she had uncrossed her legs and we are pretty definite that this baby is a girl. Anyway, I'm glad we know, and she finally decided to cooperate. Now, I will just have to retrain my brain from calling my kids, "the boys".

9 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats!! I little red headed girl will be soooo cute! I'm glad she is healty too. You are rewriting history for Target Man's family, pretty cool.

Jami said...

:) oohh, you know what they say, the ultrasound tech can be wrong if they say it's a girl but they're usually always right if they say it's a boy!

I'm sure your going to have a girl though, you deserve one! And I bet your sister is going to be jealous! Ha Ha!

sochie said...

OH my goodness. A gaby GIRL!!! we are soooooo excited for you guys. I cannot wait to see what she will look like. the only thing i'm certain about is that she will be petite and absulutly adorable. way to go Bret!
We bought a condo up here in woodbridge about a mile from where we were living. its alot smaller but it is well in our means and we are happy. you've got to let us know when you are coming back up so you can come and see it.

Heather said...

How fun! Baby girl stuff is sooo fun to buy. And yeah, I call mine "the girls" all the time. Don't know what I'll do if I ever have a boy.

Blake said...

Congratulations to you both! We're excited to hear the news and look forward to meeting her when Target Girl finally arrives.

GrowingRopers said...

PINK PINK PINK!!! Now we really have to get this tutu thing down! {i made a big step forward, by the way} Im so excited for you!!!!! GIRLS!!!!

Laura D said...

YEAH for you! girls are so much fun! congrats!

Nikki said...

That is going to be hard for me too if we ever have a boy...I am so used to saying "the girls". Start now calling them "the kids" or you will have a hard time!

M&M said...

Ashley, congratulations!! I am so excited for you (and a little jealous that you get to buy pink things). I just found your blog, and read through some posts. TJ has always said "brown poopies" too. I laughed when I read that. I guess that's what you get when they potty train and learn colors at the same time. haha.
-- Mary-Helen